ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
All submissions at Mannison Press are currently closed. However, we are happy to provide our general submission guidelines for your reference. Theses are for informational purposes only; future submission calls may have specific requirements, so be sure to review those particular guidelines carefully.
Any submission received outside an open submission period will not be read.
What we publish:
- Mannison Minibooks: short stories and novelettes (5,000 to 20,000 words, hard limits), published in ebook and 4″ x 7″ print format.
- Short Story Collections: single author works with flexible word counts, typically on a theme, published in ebook and print formats (trim size based on overall word count).
- Anthologies: multi-author works on a theme in a variety of genres (single genre or mixed genre), published in ebook and print formats (trim size based on overall word count).
- Novellas: longer than novelettes but shorter than novels (20,000 to 40,000 words, hard minimum), published in ebook and in 5″ x 8″ print format.
- Mannison Triplets: three short stories by three separate authors telling a single overarching story in a single digestible volume, typically the length of a short novella and published in ebook and in 5″ x 8″ print format.
Genres: Fiction. YA and above. We have published horror, science fiction, a variety of fantasy, humor, satire, adventure, steampunk, westerns, crime fiction, and literary drama. Open to mash-ups! Entertain us!
Subjects we WILL NOT accept include (but are not limited to):
- Erotica or pornography
- Pedophilia or bestiality
- Graphic depictions of rape
- Graphic depictions of child abuse
- Sexual activity involving persons under the age of eighteen (18)
- Gratuitous or excessive violence or gore
- Racism, bigotry, or slander towards anyone
- Fan Fiction
- Submissions will only be accepted during an open submission call.
- Please refer to the specific submission call for details on how to submit.
- We request work to be submitted in .DOC, .DOCX, or .RTF format, 12 point font in Times New Roman or Arial, and double spaced. We would like your name, contact information, and the word count at the top of the first page. Please do not insert headers/page numbers into the body of your story.
- Stories do not need to be professionally edited, but they should be carefully proofread and polished. Excessive typos and grammatical errors will be noted.
- No simultaneous submissions. Multiple submissions are allowed, but each story must be submitted separately.
- A collection may be attached as a single document, simply specify that you are submitting a collection in your email body.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Check specific submission call for preference on reprints.
Platforms and retailers: Print on Demand and Kindle e-books will be published to Amazon through Kindle Direct Publishing. Further e-book formats will be published via Smashwords and distributed to their affiliates (including Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, Kobo, OverDrive, Scribd, Gardners, and more). Amazon’s Kindle Select will not be enabled to allow for multi-platform publication.
Compensation: Authors will receive one free print copy of the publication as well as the Smashwords edition of the e-book in .MOBI, .EPUB, and .PDF formats. Further monetary compensation will vary by project.
Rights and exclusivity: Authors must hold all rights to their work at the time of submission. Mannison Press will ask for worldwide first print and first digital rights, exclusivity based on the project. The Publisher then has the option to extend the contract, with approval of the author (excluding anthologies). Once the contract expires, all rights revert to the author. Authors maintain full copyright to their work.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest!
Follow our News blog or social media accounts to be alerted to future submission calls and to learn more about upcoming publications.
THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT OF MANNISON PRESS, LLC © 2019. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.