Submissions are now open for the following, by invitation only:
“The Good, The Bad, and the Cute:
The Secret Life of Dolls”
Project: A flash fiction anthology in Mannison Minibook format. We are seeking original, previously unpublished stories of the highest quality between 500 and 2,000 words (hard limits).
Theme: DOLLS. Whether they’re cute or creepy, harmful or helpful, porcelain, stuffed, articulated, or life-size…entertain us with your dolls. Open to interpretation. Creative twists encouraged!
Genres: Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Horror, and Science fiction.
Compensation: $0.02USD/word, one print copy, one ebook copy
Subjects we WILL NOT accept include (but are not limited to, as per our discretion):
- Erotica or pornography
- Pedophilia or bestiality
- Graphic depictions of rape
- Graphic depictions of child abuse
- Sexual activity involving persons under the age of eighteen (18)
- Gratuitous or excessive violence or gore
- Racism, bigotry, or libel towards anyone
- Fan fiction or derivative works
- Please send your submission to email@example.com as an attachment. The subject line MUST READ: Dolls Anthology, “Title of Story”, Your Name
- In the body of the email, please provide a brief cover letter including your name, pen name (if you use one), the title of your story, the word count, and a short bio (third person preferred).
- Manuscripts should be sent as an email attachment. Please submit your work in .DOC, .DOCX, or .RTF format, 12 point font in Times New Roman or Arial, and double spaced. Please put your name, contact information, and the word count at the top of the first page. Please do not insert headers/page numbers into the body of your story; utilize header and footer feature, if desired (not required).
- DO NOT paste your story into the body of the email; this will result in an immediate rejection.
- Stories should be carefully edited and polished. Excessive typos and grammatical errors will be noted.
- No simultaneous or multiple submissions.
- Submissions must be in English.
- No reprints.
Publication: This mini-anthology will be published in both ebook and 4″ x 7″ print format. (Learn more about Mannison Minibooks here.) Print on Demand and Kindle ebooks will be published via KDP (Amazon), and further ebook formats will be made available via Smashwords and their online distributors. Amazon’s Kindle Select will not be enabled to allow for multi-platform publication.
Compensation: Authors will receive a payment of $0.02USD/word, one 4×7 print copy, and digital ebook in three formats (MOBI, EPUB, and PDF).
Rights and exclusivity: Authors must hold all rights to their work at the time of submission. Mannison Press will ask for worldwide first print and first digital rights, exclusive for six months. Once the contract expires, all rights revert to the author. Authors maintain full copyright to their work.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your work!
Deidre J Owen
THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT OF MANNISON PRESS, LLC © 2019. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.