Submissions for Mannison Minibooks are currently:
Our next open submission period will begin June 20, 2020. The length of the submission call is yet to be determined; a two-week notice will be posted before closing. Submission guidelines are posted below. Please review them carefully and revisit this page for any changes once submissions open. Any Minibook submission received outside an open submission period will not be read.
WHAT ARE MANNISON MINIBOOKS? Mannison Minibooks are short stories published in both ebook AND 4″ x 7″ print format. Please visit our Minibooks Catalog page for examples of our current publications.
For our Minibooks line, we are seeking original, previously unpublished stories of the highest quality between 5,000 and 20,000 words (hard limits, no exceptions).
Genre: YA and above (no children’s or MG). Your story can be in nearly any genre you wish — from humor to horror, fantasy to crime drama — with the firm exception of erotica/pornography.
Subjects we WILL NOT accept include (but are not limited to):
- Erotica or pornography
- Pedophilia or bestiality
- Depictions of rape
- Graphic depictions of child abuse
- Sexual activity involving persons under the age of eighteen (18)
- Gratuitous or excessive violence or gore
- Racism, bigotry, or slander towards anyone
- Fan Fiction
- Once submissions have opened, please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. The subject line MUST READ: Minibook Submission, “Title of Story”, Your Name
- In the body of the email, please provide a brief cover letter including your name, pen name (if you use one), the title of your story, the word count, and a short bio (third person preferred).
- Manuscripts should be sent as an email attachment. Please submit your work in .DOC, .DOCX, or .RTF format, 12 point font in Times New Roman or Arial, and double spaced. Please put your name, contact information, and the word count at the top of the first page. Please do not insert headers/page numbers into the body of your story. DO NOT paste your story into the body of the email; this will result in an immediate rejection.
- Stories should be carefully edited and polished. Excessive typos and grammatical errors will be noted.
- No simultaneous submissions. Multiple submissions are allowed, but each story must be submitted separately.
- Themed short story collections are welcome as long as the overall word count falls within the limits stated above.
- Submissions must be in English.
- No reprints.
Publication: Print on Demand and Kindle ebooks will be published via KDP (Amazon), and further ebook formats will be considered for publication via Smashwords. Amazon’s Kindle Select will not be enabled to allow for multi-platform publication.
Response time: We will respond to all submissions within three to four weeks of receipt. If you do not receive a response after six weeks, please send your inquiry to email@example.com with “QUERY” and your story title in the subject line.
(If you do not receive acknowledgement of your submission within 48 hours, please check your junk mail folder. If you still have not received confirmation of receipt, please double check your subject line and your attachment. If you have any concerns, feel free to reach out to us via email or our Contact page.)
Compensation: Authors will receive free contributor copies (one standard edition print copy and digital ebooks in .MOBI, .EPUB, and .PDF formats) and royalties of 60% of sales revenue (paid quarterly).
Rights and exclusivity: Authors must hold all rights to their work at the time of submission. Mannison Press will ask for worldwide first print and first digital rights, exclusive for twelve months. The Publisher then has the option to extend the contract for another twelve months (with approval of the author). Once the contract expires, all rights revert to the author. Authors maintain full copyright to their work.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT OF MANNISON PRESS, LLC © 2019. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.